- What is personal information?
'Personal Information' is defined in the Privacy Act 1993 as information about an identifiable individual, i.e. information about a natural person (as opposed to information about a company or other legal entity), in a form which enables that person to be identified.
- What information do we collect?
Personal information we collect may include your name and contact details (including physical and postal address, email address and telephone numbers) drivers' licence number, biographical information (such as household date, preferences, and demographic information), information on the Service Plan Schedule for your vehicle(s), details of the vehicle(s) you own, financial and credit information about you shared with us by our financial service providers, information about your use of or interest in our products and services, and any other information you choose to submit. Where possible, we will collect the information directly from you.
- Use of your Personal Information
We may use the personal information collected on this Website for the following purposes:
- to enable the features of the Website, to improve the Website by determining which of our products, features and services are most popular, and to personalise the experience of the users of the Website;
- to establish, maintain and improve our customer relationship with you and provide you with offers, incentives, marketing programs or promotional material about us and our automotive products and services, such as brochures and newsletters;
- to more effectively market to you our vehicles, vehicle parts, accessories and services by better understanding your automotive product and service needs and preferences;
- to improve the automotive products and services we offer through customer surveys conducted by us or third parties and participation in market research studies conducted by third parties;
- to compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes and generate and review reports and data about our customer and service usage patterns;
- to assist in administering your vehicle purchase, lease, warranty, any extended service plan, Roadside Assistance, or ongoing vehicle service, including advising you of any product recalls or customer notifications with respect to your vehicle, arranging for our retailers to obtain required vehicles and parts on a timely basis to meet your needs;
- to provide you with services you request and respond to your comments, concerns or requests for information;
- to assist our retailers to meet your automotive product and services needs such as providing you with offers, service reminders, marketing programs or promotional materials;
- to provide you with offers and information about related automotive products offered by others which we think may be of interest to you; and
- to communicate with you, as permitted by law, and to inform you about our and third parties’ products, services and events.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes which are disclosed to you, and to which you consent (whether expressly or by implication by providing us with your personal information with knowledge of how we intend to use it), or to meet our legal obligations.
We may also collect and/or use personal information without your consent for purposes that are permitted by applicable law, including but not limited to meeting our legal obligations, assisting in the investigation of a breach of an agreement or a law, assisting in law enforcement purposes, and protecting our and our customers’ business interests.
- Who collects and stores the information?
Any personal information you provide will be collected and stored in New Zealand by Motorcorp Distributors Ltd (“MDL”) and in the United Kingdom by Jaguar Land Rover Limited (“JLR”).
- Use of 'cookies'
A cookie is a piece of programming which enables us to customise services on our website. For example, a cookie can be used to store registration information so that you do not need to re-enter that information on a subsequent visit to the site. We may send cookies to your computer while you are accessing the Jaguar or Land Rover Website.
- Disclosure of your personal information
We respect the privacy of your personal information and we will take all reasonable steps to keep it strictly confidential. If necessary to achieve one or more of the purposes set out in paragraph 5, we may transfer or disclose your personal information to: (i) JLR and its affiliated or associated companies and to the suppliers, dealers, agents, and licensees of JLR and its affiliated or associated companies; (ii) MDL’s affiliated or associated companies and to the suppliers, dealers, agents, and licensees of MDL and its affiliated or associated companies; and (iii) any other entities with which we have directly or indirectly arranged services for your benefit, (in each case, a “Permitted Recipient”). A Permitted Recipient of your personal information shall only be entitled to use your personal information as required for the purposes for which it was provided to them.
Our websites and systems and those of our group companies may be based on servers located outside of New Zealand. Please note that privacy laws of countries outside New Zealand may not be as comprehensive as the laws of this country. In addition, if a Permitted Recipient is in a jurisdiction outside of New Zealand, the information held by that Permitted Recipient may be subject to that jurisdiction, including access requests from government, courts, or law enforcement in that jurisdiction.
Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information without your consent if this is necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests or to defend any claims made against us by any person (including you), to lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety, or as required by law.
We will not sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
- Consent to be Contacted
- Storage and protection of your personal information
We may record and store personal information which we collect from you. Where we do so we will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure and prevent unauthorised disclosure and to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date.
However, we do not promise that your personal information cannot be accessed by an unauthorised person (e.g. a hacker) or that unauthorised disclosures will not occur. If we provide you with any passwords or other security devices it is important that you keep these secret and confidential and do not allow them to be used by any other person. You should notify us immediately if the security of these devices is breached to prevent the unauthorised disclosure of your personal information.
- Accessing your personal information
You have the right to access personal information about you if we hold that personal information in a way that it can be readily retrieved, subject to some statutory exceptions. Please quote your name and address and provide brief details of what information you want (this helps us to more readily locate your data). In some cases, there may be a charge for providing copies of your personal information to you. If so, we will advise you of this prior to sending your information to you.
We will not be able to provide your personal information if we do not know or don’t have reasonable grounds to believe it is personal information about you or if disclosing the information would involve the unwarranted disclosure of the affairs of another individual.
You can request correction or amendment of the information held by us at any time by contacting us and specifying the information that you want changed. If it is reasonable in the circumstances for us to do so, we will make the requested change or correction, otherwise we’ll take reasonable steps to mark that information as having been subject to a change or correction request.